Irwin Stoolmacher is the founder and president of the Stoolmacher Consulting Group. He has more than forty years of diverse experience in government, education, business and the nonprofit sector.
Irwin’s experience includes serving as an aide to the Governor of New Jersey, as director of urban programs at a Jesuit college, as the chief business official for the second largest school district in New Jersey and as the chief operating officer of an international human resources consulting firm. Since 1987 he has headed the Stoolmacher Consulting Group, a strategic planning/fundraising consulting firm. Over the years the firm has worked with more than one hundred nonprofit organizations including the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK).
Irwin holds an A.A. in political science, highest honors, Suffolk County Community College; a B.A. in political science, magna cum laude, Binghamton University; and an M.A. in political science (Eagleton Fellow), Rutgers University.
Irwin has served as president of the Hudson County Council of Social Agencies, president of the Board of Trustees of the United Way Princeton Area Community, and as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Community Loan Fund of New Jersey. Irwin was appointed by three consecutive governors to the New Jersey Commission on National Services. He is the recipient of the 2000 New Jersey Community Loan Fund‘s Distinguished Service Award and was named in 2007 by the Princeton Area Community Foundation to their Professional Advisor Recognition Society. He was previously a member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Policy Perspective.
Stoolmacher curently serves as an Advisor to The Silver Realignment, a counseling firm, dedicated to assisting baby boomers in determining what’s right for them.
Irwin has taught seminars on fund-raising and strategic planning for the Volunteer Management Certificate Program at the Rutgers University School of Social Work and courses on fundraising and proposal writing at Princeton University to students who participate in the Student Volunteer Council. He also has taught fundraising at the Nonprofit Management Development Program at the School of Business, College of New Jersey.
He has presented dozens of seminars and speeches throughout the United States on fundraising, education, strategic planning and personnel topics.
Irwin has authored more than 400 articles and opinion pieces for leading publications such as Business New Jersey, Chronicle of Philanthropy, National Business Employment Weekly, New Jersey Reporter, The New York Times, Non-Profit Times, Practical Politics, Princeton Packet, The Times of Trenton, The Trentonian, School Leader, Strategic Governance and U.S.1 Irwin’s opinion column on public policy issues appears every Wednesday in The Trentonian.
The Stoolmacher Consulting Group has assisted the following entities since its formation in 1987:
- American Cancer Society
- ASPIRA Association Inc.
- ASPIRA of New York & Pennsylvania
- Catholic Charities of the Trenton Diocese
- Center for Innovative Family Achievements
- Community Action Services Center, Inc.
- Community Health Law Project
- Education Law Center
- Emily Fisher Charter School
- Families in Transition, Inc.
- Greater Trenton Behavioral Health Center, Inc.
- Haddonfield School of Performing Arts
- Henry J. Austin Health Center
- Handicapped High Riders Club, Inc.
- Independent College Fund of New Jersey
- Invention Factory Science Center
- Interfaith Caregivers Trenton/Faith in Action, Inc.
- Isles, Inc.
- J.O. Wilson Neighborhood Service Center, Inc.
- Lawrenceville Historical Society
- LifeTies, Inc.
- Medina Community Clinic
- Mercer County Non-for-Profit Coalition
- Mercer County Tragic Loss Coalition
- Mercer Medical Center
- Mercer Street Friends
- Middlesex County Economic Opportunities Corporation
- Mill Hill Children & Family Development Center
- Mobile Meals on Wheels of Trenton/Ewing
- Montgomery Youth Sports League
- Mount Carmel Guild
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Mercer County
- Network for Family Life Education
- NJ Apartment Association
- NJ Charter Public School Association
- NJ Foundation for Aging
- NJ 4-H Youth Development Program
- NJ Work Environment Council
- Passage Theatre Company
- PEI Kids, Inc. (formerly Prevention Education Inc.)
- People and Stories
- Pineland Preservation Alliance
- Rescue Mission of Trenton
- Salvation Army of Trenton
- The Arc Mercer
- The Children’s Home
- The Escher Street SRO
- The National Conference for Community & Justice
- The Principals’ Center for the Garden State
- The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children
- Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
- Trenton Business and Technology Center
- Trenton Roebling Community Development Corporation
- Trenton YWCA
- United Way of Atlantic County
- Union County Legal Services Corporation
- Union Industrial Home for Children
- United Senior Alliance
- Womanspace, Inc.
- Young Scholars’ Institute
- Brick Township Municipal Alliance Committee
- Mercer County Improvement Authority
- NJ Economic Development Authority
- South Orange Maplewood Board of Education
- The College of New Jersey
- Trenton Catholic Academy
- Borden Perlman Insurance
- Education Testing Service
- Francesco’s Restaurant
- Herrick, Feinstein
- Kingstone Capital V
- QED Assessment Corporation
The Plant Lady